Monday, June 29, 2009

A Love Like Edward and Bella

I'm not one who gets completely wrapped up in movies. I'm smart enough to know that movies are not real, and that lighting, music, props and special effects make a movie so entertaining to watch. I like Twilight. I like to watch it and I like to read it, I've read the entire series twice, and want to read it again. What is it that makes it so compelling? I think it's the love, the complete and total giving of oneself to another human (or in this case vampire). The intense and total giving of your heart makes it so addictive to people. Every human being wants to feel a love like that, to give and to recieve a love like that. Does it exist in real life? Sometimes I believe it does. Sometimes I even feel it. The love for ones children is something like that, the desire to hand your heart over, the willingness to die for another's happiness. The love for one's friends as well can be overwhelming, although it's a different kind of love. The love for a spouse, the father / mother of your children, the one who knows you inside and out and takes the good with the not so good, and accepts you for all of it and loves you through it all. Every person deserves to feel like they are the sole purpose of another one to go on day by day. My goal in life is to become that person for someone. Maybe I am already, I hope so. There are times I see it, maybe it's just harder to see in yourself and in your own relationships then it is to see in other people. I have friends that I see it in, see people that are made to be together. It's like the sole purpose for being put on this earth is to be with that person. I have felt it in my own marriage, and with my children, and with my friends. Wouldn't life be grand if every day could feel like those days. If every day you knew that someone loved you so much that they felt they couldn't go on without you. I think the answer is that you need to let those people know, you need to make sure those people in your life know, every single day of their lives that they are that person for you, that every breath you take and every beat of your heart revolves around them. My vow today is to let those people in my life know that they mean the world to me. I'm so blessed to have people to share that with.

No comments:

Post a Comment