Monday, June 29, 2009

Just have to vent somewhere

Megan's team is undefeated in softball this year. They've played really good this year, and have earned every win. Their coach, also Brian's brother, has a rule, if you let three strikes go by without swinging you're on the bench for the rest of the game. Well, apparently he changed it to, you're on the bench for the entire next game. Whatever. Megan let three strikes go by tonight, three very very badly called strikes, they were a tad higher than ankle height on her, but all three were exactly the same and he called all three strikes. This was the end of the 3rd inning, they play 4 and we were ahead so we didn't have to play the end of the 4th. Anyway, she has to sit out the entire next tournament game because she didn't swing at three very bad pitches. Our pitcher is pretty good, but she likes it when Megan catches, she pitches better when Megan catches. I told Megan after the game that I wouldn't have, nor would any other player have swung at those pitches and she can't take it personally. It's a stupid rule, in my opinion, because most of the girls watch 2 strikes go by and swing at the next pitch regardless of how it looks because they're afraid to sit on the bench. It rewards the girls who swing at the ones that are 3 feet over their head. I've always thought it was a stupid rule. Not a damn thing I can do about it, but I needed to vent here before I called my brother in law and told him what an idiot he really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment