Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Whew...been awhile :)

Well, with a title like my crazy life, what could you expect?

It's been a year..well almost. Things have changed enormously, yet stayed exactly the same. Kids are a year older, we're a year broker, a few pounds heavier, but we're still doing the same old things.

If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you've always got.
Or something like that anyway.

I'm content "enough" in my life. Am I happy? I don't know, am I supposed to be? Isn't contentment enough, or shouldn't it be? My marriage is good, my kids are healthy, I have a job I like, I have food, I have a house, I have clothes, and I can even squeeze out some "fun money" every now and then. Really, what else could I want? I mean, yes, 6 pack abs would be fantastic, but in reality, if I wanted them that bad, I could probably achieve them with enough hard work, apparently it's not that important in the scheme of things :)

Dealing with some parenting issues, having a 12 year old girl who's beautiful will do that to a girl. I'm struggling with how to deal with it, she needs to feel loved an accepted, and understood, and I try to give her all of that, but at the same time I need to be MOM and she needs to know that it's in her hands as well to work for that approval. Where do you draw the line between friend and mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment